Hotels in NYC
(New York City-Manhattan)
Most Expensive in the World!
Hotels in NYC-Manhattan are some of the most expensive in the World. Of course, you can't blame them for charging such high prices. After all, Manhattan is the center of the World... World's capital!
But, an average traveler visiting New York City for a business meeting, personal meeting or vacation cannot afford such high hotel accommodation prices.
Of course, you can find few cheap hotels in NYC-Manhattan, but they are very small with room for a bed, a TV, and little else. Also, be warned in many cheap Manhattan hotels quality takes a back seat... You may even have to share the premises with hourly customers!
Don't fret there is a solution!
Glad to share that there is a bright side to the sky-rocketing prices of hotels in NYC-Manhattan.
Come stay in Queens New York. :)
Hotels in Queens will save you money and you will be away from all the noise and bums of Manhattan. I know how tiring it can get being out all day and when that head hits the pillow, all you want is a good night sleep. A good night rest promises a great day ahead... no doubt about it!
Hotels in Queens are...
- cheaper in prices than hotels in NYC-Manhattan.
- good in quality.
- good at customer service.
- very close to Midtown Manhattan. In most areas public buses and trains run around the clock to and from Manhattan.
- located in quiet neighborhoods away from all the hustle-bustle of Manhattan.
- very close to Laguardia and JFK (John F. Kennedy International) Airports .
Want to be in Manhattan, but can't afford the hotel prices?
Book a hotel in one of the hotels in Long Island City (L.I.C.)... a neighborhood of Queens New York closest to Manhattan. Here, in some hotels, you can book a room for as low as $50 per night!
Long Island City is changing rapidly. Middle class is moving in and restoring run-down urban areas. Also, the City is developing this part of Queens to become its new “hotel zone.”
L.I.C. is popular for its waterfront parks and thriving arts community. It has many art galleries, art institutions, and studios. For your safety, do avoid walking at night through this neighborhood's industrial and warehouse areas.
Beat the high prices of hotels in NYC-Manhattan!
Stay in one of the Hotels in Queens located in Long Island City.
The following 3 L.I.C. hotels have earned excellent to good customer reviews...
Verve Hotel... an Ascend Collection hotel
Address: 40-03 29th Street Long Island City, NY 11101
Considered the best small hotel in Queens, here is what you can expect...
- Pay a lot less than hotels in NYC-Manhattan. Don't waste your money on expensive hotels in Manhattan. This great little hotel is just over the 59th Street bridge.
- Moments from all the tourist stuff in Manhattan. Get on the nearby subway to be in Times Square in 10 minutes!
- LaGuardia airport only 15 minutes away.
- Urban and industrial area, but safe.
- Excellent customer service and very clean.
- Lots of brochures and coupons in front lobby.
- Complimentary breakfast – varied and plentiful, but bakery goods seem a day old.
- Free coffee 24 hours.
- Television with cable/satellite channels.
- Guest rooms have a microwave, refrigerator, and are air conditioned.
- Recreational facility – sauna and gym.
- Business Center – 3 available computers with printers.
- Self Parking.
- Close to the Museum of Moving Image, Chrysler Building, Grand Central Terminal, Rockefeller Center and Empire State Building.
- Steady rattle of the subway a couple of blocks away.
- The lobby is open around the clock and the rumbling in of midnight guests may wake you.
- Close to mouth watering Latin and Greek Food – Check out Astoria Queens.
- Laundry room.
Holiday Inn – Long Island City – Manhattan View
Address: 39-05 29th Street Long Island City, NY 11101
Offering Bar and Lounge, here is what you can expect from this Hotel...
- A real deal compared to rates of hotels in NYC-Manhattan. Don't waste your money on expensive hotels in Manhattan!
- 10 minutes or less from 59th Street and Lexington Avenue subway station in Midtown Manhattan.
- Only a block and a half away from the N and Q subway lines.
- excellent restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner is located at the entrance of the subway.
- Located in a safe, quiet industrial neighborhood that is in transition.
- Fantastic Manhattan view!
- Clean with good, professional service. Staff is very pleasant and helpful.
- In-house restaurant with average breakfast and a handy deli across the street.
- Several small reasonably-priced restaurants within walking distance.
- Close to the Museum of Moving Image, Chrysler Building, Grand Central Terminal, Rockefeller Center and Central Park.
- Fitness facility with pool.
- Business center.
- Free Wi-Fi, local calls. Televisions come with premium cable channels.
- Guestrooms (small to average in size) also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, complementary high-speed (wired) Internet access, and coffee/tea makers.
- Car parking is difficult.
Fairfield Inn Marriot Long Island City
Address: 52-34 Van Dam Street Long Island City, NY 11101
A Business-Friendly Hotel, here is what you can expect...
- Half the cost of hotels in NYC-Manhattan and only 3 miles away from the center of Manhattan.
- 1 mile from the subway station.
- Complimentary shuttle is provided to and from the subway and airport. It is prompt and runs every half hour up to 11pm.
- Shuttle stop near the subway is in front of a bar.
- Safe, industrial neighborhood.
- Free continental breakfast.
- Staff friendly and very helpful.
- Business center and concierge desk.
- Comfortable guestrooms feature complementary high-speed (wired) Internet access, fax machines, and air conditioning.
- Flat-panel televisions with cable channels.
- Close to P.S.1 Contemporary Art Center, Museum of Moving Image, and Isamu Noguchi Sculpture Museum, Times Square and Chrysler Building.
If you are traveling by an airplane, stay at one of the hotels in Queens near the airport...
The borough of Queens houses both of New York's major airports... LaGuardia Airport and John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport. Most people who come to New York City fly into one of these airports. Maybe you did too or are planning to. Instead of taking the shuttle or taxi from the airport to one of the hotels in NYC-Manhattan, stay in Queens. There are hotels conveniently located near LaGuardia and JFK that are also very close to Manhattan.
Staying at a hotel near LaGuardia or JFK is convenient and stress free. As, when it's time to get back on the plane it is very comforting to know you are within walking distance from the airport. I'm sure you know the driving situation in New York City... there can be a traffic jam at any given time and getting late becomes unavoidable.
Visit LaGuardia Airport Hotels page.
Return from Hotels in NYC page to Discover Queens New York home page.